Recipe by LP
Kiwis have 5 times the vitamin C content of an orange in one serving. They are rich in Vitamin B, E, A and K. They are also good sources of potassium, folate, finer and copper
- 3 ripe Kiwis
- 1 table spoon oil (sunflower oil)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of creme fresh
- 1 egg
- 200g of wholemeal flour
- 30g oats
- 60g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Prepare loaf tin by lining with grease proof paper.
- Blend or mix all the wet ingredients in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet mix with the dry mix and fold so the mixture is consistent. You know its down when it is like a cake consistency.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Pierce with a knife after 30mins, if the knife comes out wet, leave for a few extra minutes.
- Take out and place on a cooling rack.
Got some Kiwis at home? This bread would be a great addition to the Christmas table:)