Recipe by LP
- 2 green chilis (finely chopped or ground)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped or ground)
- 1 inch of ginger (finely chopped or ground)
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree (optional)
- 2 fresh medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
- chopped fresh coriander (for decoration)
- 3 handfuls of green beans (one handful per person)
- 2 baby potatoes ( sliced)
- 1/2 tea spoon carom seeds
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 dry red whole chili
- pinch of garam masala spice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- sunflower oil (two table spoons)
- Heat oil in pan on low heat. Add chopped garlic, 1 red dry whole chili and carom seeds.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes (or use a blender) and remaining spices. Stir for one minute on low heat.
- Add green beans and potatoes and stir. Add a little water, cover and allow to cook for 10-15mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Add coriander for decoration and serve with rice or chapatis. Take out dry red whole chilis before serving.