Recipe by LP
- Ready made short crust pastry – 375g
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 3 to 4 chopped asparagus stalks
- 3 to 4 baby corn – sliced
- handful of button mushrooms
- 1 tomato for decor
- 5 county cheese (Add cheese to taste)
- red chilli flakes
- mixed dried herbs
- 3 eggs
- 2 table spoons of milk
- 2 table spoons of butter
- 7 cloves of garlic (to taste)
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place rolled out pastry into a dish.
- Bake pastry according to packet instructions (20-15mins). Bake it and allow it to cool while preparing Quiche mixture.
- While pastry is cooking, slice the vegetables.
- Sautee chopped garlic in hot olive oil.
- Add all sliced vegetables (except mushrooms) to the garlic oil in a pan, lightly sautée with seasoning for 2-3mins.
- Once sautéed, place in a plate to cool.
- Repeat process with mushrooms – sautée with the garlic,seasoning and oil for 2-3mins, place aside to cool.
- Prepare egg mixture. Crack 3 eggs into a bowl of milk, season mixture (Salt, pepper, paprika, dried herbs, pinch of chili flakes, feel free to add your own seasonings). Whisk all ingredients together.
- Add grated cheese to the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture with the vegetables into the pre-cooked pastry. Decorate with extra cheese and tomatoes.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20-25mins. Until the filling is cooked to a firm texture