Recipe by LP
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 4 ounces of butter
- 12 dates (soft dates)
- 4 dried figs
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C
- Finely chop dates and figs (or put in a food processor).
- Work butter until fluffy, smooth and light.
- Add all ingredients into a big mixing bowl and fold using a wooden spoon until a dough is formed.
- Divide the mixture into 2cm balls.
- Get a baking tray and line with grease proof paper.
- Place the dough balls so they are 3″ apart.
- Then flatten the balls into biscuit shapes (Place grease proof paper on top of the balls and press down with a flat object – such as the bottom of a drinking mug).
- Lightly peel away the top grease proof paper, taking care not the break the biscuits.
- Bake for 10mins until brown.
We would love to know how your biscuits turn out ! They taste great with a cup of tea 🙂